NUSOJ, through its tireless work, envisions a country where:
- Media freedom, access to information and the inalienable principles of freedom of expression are protected and promoted.
- The media industry enjoys better working conditions with a prioritization of the safety and security of journalists.
- High professional standards among journalists for ethical and quality journalism are not only defended and promoted but perceived as the norm.
- Patriarchy and gender-based violence are eliminated in favour of gender equity and equality.
- The role and impact of quality journalism in societal development are understood, utilized and appreciated as a catalyst for positive change.